Kadu

forum użytkowników Kadu
Teraz jest 24 maja 2019 16:56

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Utwórz nowy wątek Ten wątek jest zablokowany. Nie możesz w nim pisać ani edytować postów.  [ Posty: 29 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 20 paź 2005 19:24 

Personally I don't see the purpose of this feature. There aren't that many toolbars that this seems to be usefully. The only thing this is good for is blowing up the Codesize. Was there a discussion about this? Since I'm not speaking polish it's pretty hard for me to see where Development heads towards... It's even hard to read the code, cause all comments and todos are written in polish. What catches my eyes is the designer from Trolltech wasn'T used for designing the UI or are there some limitations readgarding the modul concept that prevent using Designer?

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 20 paź 2005 19:45 

As far as I know Kadu developers just don't like Trolltech Designer.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 20 paź 2005 20:14 
developer

Kadu is going to have a totally configurable user interface because of user demands and this is far beyond the possibilities of QT Designer. And what i hate in graphical designers is poor support for custom controls. Maybe QT Designer is different but... We simply don't know it well.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 20 paź 2005 20:19 

System: Linux
My experience tells me that Qt Designer crawls. It is long way for it to become real develop tool.

Yes, I know that numerous ppl uses it, but it's much more becouse of their laziness, instead of its usability.

It crashes, it's limited (many things can't be done with it), it's not as user friendly as it could be.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 20 paź 2005 21:01 

Googie napisał(a):
My experience tells me that Qt Designer crawls. It is long way for it to become real develop tool.

I think that QT Designer is sometimes really better. Perhaps it's my bad habit (I've stared my adventure with GUI using MS Visual Basic), but when I design a graphical interface, I'd like to see it during stage of designing, not in runtime.

The GUI design approach used in QT (without designer), GTK, and even in Tk is like writing about GUI and keeping faith in that it will work instead of real designing and implepenting it.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 21 paź 2005 12:38 

I didn't think that the number of replies to my post would get that big and that it would become a discussion about how kadu should be designed and by the use of which utilities.

but anyways it's nice to see that obviously many people care about this little program

@adrian: maybe you (or anybody else) could also fix the problem with kadu crashing when the chatwindow is closed after having removed a toolbar from the chatwindow

Kazimierz Bartoszewicz

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 21 paź 2005 13:28 

As far as I remember it was concerned somewhere in Polish and (again as far as I remember) work is in progress.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 21 paź 2005 13:37 

aha, ok

sorry 'bout that, but as I mentioned before, my polish ain't that good yet :D

but here work is also in progress :wink:

Kazimierz Bartoszewicz

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 02:11 
developer

i think i fixed original problem ;)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 16:50 

so, another problem seems to be solved :D
maybe someone can close this topic or add a [solved] to the topic :wink:

maybe the forum-moderators could add a function that allows the person that posted the topic to mark it as solved (or is there already such a function and I just didn't find it??)

Kazimierz Bartoszewicz

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 19:43 
developer

Boandlkrama napisał(a):
maybe the forum-moderators could add a function that allows the person that posted the topic to mark it as solved (or is there already such a function and I just didn't find it??)

there's no such a function on this forum (or i don't know anything about it).
before i will close the topic i would like to see if someone has tested the fixed version and confirm that it is working properly by now

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 20:19 

Dorregaray napisał(a):
there's no such a function on this forum (or i don't know anything about it).

There's a phpBB hack that allows author of a thread to mark selected posts as "helpful". When you browse forums you can see such threads in different color. Have a look at forum.slackware.pl, it's a nice working example.

However, this forum's admins prefer to stick with the original and almost unmodified version of phpBB forum, so the chance to have this feature here is very small.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 23 paź 2005 08:30 

Cytuj:
However, this forum's admins prefer to stick with the original and almost unmodified version of phpBB forum, so the chance to have this feature here is very small.

ok, it was just a thought.

the original problem of this post seems to be fixed, I compiled the new snapshot and the buttons do not stay toggled anymore.

Kazimierz Bartoszewicz

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 23 paź 2005 10:50 
developer

so what else can i say than -zamykam- and close the topic ;)

Utwórz nowy wątek Ten wątek jest zablokowany. Nie możesz w nim pisać ani edytować postów.  [ Posty: 29 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1