Kadu

forum użytkowników Kadu
Teraz jest 25 mar 2019 23:03

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Mac OS X
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 04:36 
I am looking to using Kadu in the future when I purchase my Mac in early 2006.

Two questions for the Mac OS kadu maintainer:
-Will there be a version of kadu that will not require X11. I believe it is currently a requirement.

-Also will Kadu run native on a Mac OS 10.4 X86? In other words, is it compiled in universal binaries using XCode 2.1.

-I would also like to see a current screenshot of the latest version.

Other related links:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/%43onceptual/universal_binary/universal_binary.pdf

http://www.osx86.theplaceforitall.com/

http://osx86project.org/

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 08:34 
developer

System: Linux
but there's one problem... none of the developers nor other persons which participate in this project have Mac, so Kadu is written under Linux and mostly for Linux.
as I know only one Macintosh user declared help with project (and he helped) by sharing his computer over the net, which resulted in building 0.4.1 version for Mac and creating macosx_docking module for docking kadu on MacOSX

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 16:13 
The good news is that Mac OS X is coming to the Intel x86 platform in the next few months(it has been confirmed running on an AMD as well). You just need to have the "right" hardware. See the links in the previous post. So it might be possible that the Mac will finally become a more popular OS in Poland in the future or at least it might open people up to try the Mac OS. Glad to hear that you are attempting to support the Mac even though none of the developers own one. That must be a chanllenge. Wish you all the best.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 22 paź 2005 16:18 

I don't think OSX will run on AMD legaly since Apple will use Intel CPU's...

Tytuł: Mac OS 10.4
PostNapisane: 23 paź 2005 00:15 
Apple will always want their software to run on only their hardware(but that has already been hacked). Apple is a hardware and software company. They sell the complete package. I don't see this changing However, even in the old PPC days people still attempted to install Mac OS on a X86 using PPC emulation software. This was done via Pear PC. You just needed a Mac OS X installation CD. These days you can theoretically (not legally) get Mac OS natively installed even on a AMD(AMD 64 Venice core). Your processor needs to support at least SSE2 but SSE3 is prefered and the following motherboard must have one of the following chipsets: Intel 845,Intel 865,Intel 875,Intel 915,Intel 925,Nvidia Nforce 4 Ultra,VIA P4M266A,VIA K8M800. By the way, MAC OS has alway ran on x86 hardware day one. Apple has secretly been updating it for a rainy day. Mac OS is based on Darwin, which has always been available as download for the x86 platform. It just lacks the pretty GUI.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 23 paź 2005 10:25 

Well as far as i know those Versions floating around in the net don't make use of tpm. If they really use those chips with final hardware they could do a lot of things M$ ist currently dreaming about.
So I don't think it would be a good idea to develop on a pirated Version of OSX...

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: 23 paź 2005 20:21 
This is my take on the idea. Apple has a very good opportunity. It is very apparent that Mac OS X Tiger is already one step ahead of even Microsoft Vista. Microsoft is playing catchup. By then Mac OS X Leopard will be shipping. The only reason I can think of is that Apple is afraid of Microsoft's retaliation by dropping MS Office for the Mac, which is one of the most popular software titles. Apple can't afford that can they? Well unless people start dropping MS Office for something like OpenOffice, NeoOffice or Sun's StarOffice. Actually,the piracy we are seeing on the Apple might help Apple in the long term. It might get others interested in the Mac platform that might not have been otherwise interested. This include software developers and programmers as well. The TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip is only used to prevent people from loading the company's new Intel-centered OS onto non-Apple machines. How else can this chip enhance software? Am I missing something? Now you did point out that isn't a good idea developing on a pirated version of OS X. That might be true as Apple has prevented a program compiled on the newest version to work with an older version. However, I am not sure if it is true with the official Apple Developer version with TPM chip. Yet it might be a way for some to experiment with OS.

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1