History in short
Short history: Kadu project was started in 2001 as a simple KDE API try-out. Eventually, it became the most popular Gadu-Gadu client for Linux and other Unices (and MacOS X). Kadu depends on Qt library version 3.x. Beginning with version 0.3.3 it does not require the KDE libraries and can be used with other window managers. Kadu supports Gnome and Window Maker as well. The core of Kadu is the libgadu library (its role being handling the network layer).
- Gadu-Gadu v6.1 support,
- contacts' groups with drag and drop support,
- icon depicting the sender (as in ICQ),
- KDE, Gnome2, Window Maker docking into tray,
- message encryption with OpenSSL,
- sms sending to all Polish mobile networks,
- file transfers (DCC),
- multiuser chats,
- event notifications by sound,
- event notifications by hints near icon in tray,
- notification about program updates,
- using descriptions from other programs (e.g. XMMS titles),
- detailed error notification,
- animated emoticons and support of original set of emoticons from GG,
- configurable windows look (colors),
- configurable chat history,
- advanced information panel - using html formatting
- advanced contact configuration,
- multicolumn contact list,
- advanced network configuration (server IP and server port selection, proxy).
- voice chat
There are additional modules offering:
- full scriptability with the TCL language (with a huge collection of scripts available as KaduPro).
- XMMS and amaroK integration
- new mail notification
- spell checking
- current weather for contacts
If in your opinion there are bugs or other drawbacks in the program - check if the problem persists in the newest version. If it does, go to the discussion forum and describe your problem/idea. If our program satisfies your requirements and you haven't got any ideas about new features - just join the discussion and help other people solve their problems!